Sunday, January 17, 2010

Alice: Our Christmas Miracle

It's odd to see that our last post was in July, 2009! Let me explain and also apologize. Sister and I went to Chicago in late July, and when we came home and through late December, Alice experienced quite a few health problems. It seems like during that time frame, she was in and out of the hospital every three to four weeks, and even when she was home, wasn't feeling too hot. It seems like once we all got back on an even keel, she'd get sick again. Her health problems, along with Dad's, kept us quite busy, and the blog suffered!

This last hospital visit in mid-December was quite scary, but Alice came out of it stronger and better than she's been since before she moved down to SC. We call her our Christmas miracle! It's hard to believe, but she was actually out shopping at Wal-Mart with us on Christmas eve!

Now that things seemed to have settled down again, and hopefully for a while, we'll try our hand at the blog again! We have some great pictures of Alice enjoying the Christmas season and visits from friends. I've gotten a new computer, which I'm still getting set up, but this week I promise to download the pictures and get them on the blog!

Tonight, Alice and Shorti went by the Elliott's to pick up Will, and Alice told Scott that she wanted to go to church with him - and off they went. We look forward to hearing about her adventure with Scott; maybe I can even post it to the blog - without pictures unfortunately!

No comments: